Friday, February 8, 2013

Clay Banks

Here are the second quarter sixth graders' clay bank creations. Most of them created and joined together two pinch pots to create the hollow "body" of the bank, although slabs were used occasionally in the case of the Coke can, etc. I forgot to photograph them before I put them in the display case, so the photos are not the best here, but in person the pieces are whimsical and well crafted. The students had a lot of fun making them! 

3 comments:

  1. These are great! What kind of glaze did you use and what firing settings did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Standard 105 low-fire white clay, bisque fired to cone 04 or 06. Then the pieces were glazed with Duncan Cover Coats opaque underglazes, topped with clear overglaze and fired to cone 06, as directed on the glaze.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete